Saturday 19 May 2012

Making Stamps from Recycling - Tutorial Project

Hi guys, I've not been in blogland for almost a week??? What?? This week has gone crazy fast! I have been working on many projects, but for the moment I am 'booked out' as it were, to create things for friends and family. I've a list of cards, journals & presents to make up this weekend (anybody else get booked out too for being the creative friend/family member?? Ah well that's what we get for showing off our talents I suppose lol). Before I go off and get cracking though I want to share my latest tutorial that I came up with from the creation of my last journal page:
These are stamps made from, as you see, cardboard boxes. As you can see below they create a LOT of texture:
They are not like a rubber stamp that'll give a clean or crisp image, these are more creative tools that are very lively and give a different kind of look to your pages.
 

They can also be (if you do it right) very messy lol here is the tutorial as to how to make them, hope you enjoy:
See you when I've finished earning my living as the last minute handmade card & present creator :) much love Jennibellie xxx

11 comments:

  1. These handcrafted stamps are so cool. Brilliant idea Jenny!
    TFS
    Have a fun weekend!
    hugs Aly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea...will be copying these in my style for card making. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea as always, they have a textured beauty. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another unique and great idea. Loved the video. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny, i am your new reader, i stumble upon your youtube account and really LOVE your creation. I am looking forward for your post. cheers from sunny singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative and inspiring as always! I like to make stamps with all kinds of materials, especially something like this - inexpensive and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love making my own stamps, this is a great new way to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenniebellie! I've discovered your blog some weeks ago, and I'm going backwards and forwards, reading posts, enjoying your art journal pages and learning from your great tutorials. I love them all! Thanks so much for sharing your talent and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jennie, thanks for this great and inexpensive tip.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenni! I just wanted to tell you I've posted about my visual board and some homemade stamps, if you'd like to see them!

    http://beansiebabbles.blogspot.com/2012/10/cuckoo-for-cardboard.html

    I am still playing with my visual board, and I'm sure the idea is that it will never be really finished. New hopes and dreams may arise, right? ((love and hugs, and many thanks for the inspiration you share!)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made some of these...they work well. I found that after using them with acrylic the 'rope' stiffened up even more once it dried and I could use them for ink after that...love them :)Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...