Wednesday 30 May 2012

Journal Flip & Tutorial

Hello lovely art online world, I have an art journal flip to share of this very old journal, which is finally complete yay!!
I find finishing a journal both a happy and sad event. I love having all the pages complete with paint and words and energy, what I don't like is the loss of connection to an emotional working tool. Even though I have a whole bunch of other journals on the go, even though I hardly used this journal (like once every couple of months) I still felt the loss of it once complete. Journals are so much more than paper & paint; they are our days and emotions frozen in time, they are our therapy and friends. Here is the flip, you will see changes in the style and subjects, being that it has spanned my time from beginner to regular art journaler:
I've also done another journaling tutorial, a simple oil resist technique but done in a couple of different ways. You know I always like to share tools & techniques so I hope you enjoy:
And for those of you that left lovely comments in reference to my 'downer' last post thanks so much, I'm feeling much better now and I think the most important thing I need to learn now is emotions are not imperative to how we should view our lives. We can have wonderful lives and still be on a downer with no apparent reasoning behind it sometimes. All we need to remember in those times is that emotions are temporary states; at the time you need to face & attend to them as they require but not to give them the power to judge everything else by. Our lives are creations of our own physical input, and the energy that is given there creates permanent results, so I intend to give positive energy to life, rather giving it to negative thoughts or emotions. Much love to you xxx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and great talent.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome tutorial! Thank you for sharing! And your Art Journal is beautiful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your video on you tube, I like very much what you make I begin mixed media and you are going to be me of a big help thank you.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great videos, as usual. :)
    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...