Tuesday 11 February 2014

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Zoey Shears

Hi guys, every tuesday I marvel at how quickly time is going (TAT is kinda like my weekly 'jeez, another one gone already?' check-in) & usually watch with fascination as the seasons progress on almost a snapshot kind of basis every week...well not for the last few! I hope everyone is doing ok through this crazy weather?! 
This week I've a Newbie Artist is in the hotseat, sit back (be grateful to be indoors tee hee) & enjoy xx

Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are.
Well my name is Zoe and I am 29, to be honest I am not sure what type of artist I am yet as I have only been doing it for six months. Mixed media is my passion at the moment as I love mixing and adding in all sorts of items and media into one piece. I have a love of painting faces in my work, not a full face just half a face I think it helps to add the emotion to the face if you can not see it all.


What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?
Confidence is my biggest problem in my art, I worry over every piece and am never satisfied with what I have created. I find it hard to get my work out there as I am always unsure of sharing it and constantly worry some one may steal my work images. To over come it I joined some great mixed media groups on facebook and I try to post a piece of my work in there. The ladies that are apart of that group are of all different experiences and their feed back and support is great for getting that push in the right direction.


What do you love most / least enjoyable about your art?
What I love the most is time stands still and in that moment I am in my own world where I am at peace with myself. Anything could happen in that time and no one gets anything out of me when I am creating. I take a lot of time over my work and find it very relaxing. If there was anything that I do not like I would have to say waiting for everything to dry so I can add more onto the piece.


What advice would you offer to any perspective new artist?
Do not give up hope, my first pieces looked dreadful like the cat has vomited them up. Take time over your work use everything you have when you first start so that you get a feel of what you like to use first. Youtube videos are great for tutorials Jennibellie does some fantastic ones :). Just keep going with your art and practice all the time. Art is something that you need to develop over time and have fun with it.


Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art?
At the moment I am not really out there yet, I am considering a blog and a facebook page but as yet these are just thoughts in my head. I do have an Etsy store called ImagineNades. At the moment there is only 2 pieces in there but I am looking into getting prints of my work and other products too.

Thank you so much for sharing Zoey, it's really nice to have the perspective of someone so fresh to art as it were and so glad you already understand 'art is something that you need to develop over time and have fun with it' - I think it usually takes more than 6 months for most of us to figure that out so really, good job! 

In terms of worrying about being plagiarized please take it from someone who has had it happen to them in a few different forms do not let the worry of such things stop you from doing something you want to do. I feel it needs to be said a little more often sometimes because yes it happens, but so does credit card theft and being hit by a bus...but do we stop buying our groceries or never cross the street? In every scenario there is something bad that could happen so why ever even focus on that (when it may never even happen anyhow)? Live, and share your work, if your version of living means to do so =)

Do you want to be a featured TAT artist??
To be featured email me or find all the details here =)

1 comment:

  1. So nice reading the interview of a new artist and the advices of Jennibellie to address her worries (and mine)! Thank you both !!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...