Wednesday 18 January 2012

New Recycled Greeting Card Journal

Happy hump day everyone :) thought I would just do a quick post showing the newest journal edition of the christmas card chronicles I am working on. This one I made today:
Along with the yellow journal I showed in the last post it's now the fourth I have made and still have about 1,000 christmas cards to go lol by the time I have used up all this years I'll probably need to come up with a new journal idea for making next years lot.
For this one I used a mermaid sketch I did a while ago and the handmade blue beads on the spine are a further look at the beads tutorial I will be doing once the journal video tutorials are up. However unlike the other journals I left the cards uncovered on the inside (as you can see in the top picture) so I can work in it as I go along, rather than already having a base.

Hopefully next post I will have the first of the tutorials ready, and will show you the other journals I have made with this christmas card concept. Thanks for visiting, Jennibellie xx

11 comments:

  1. This is a great idea... I am going to use this idea to make a book from my daughters artwork.
    Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea and particularly your beads on the binding. I've never made my own book/journal and find myself intrigued by the whole idea. I'm participating in ALAW (a letter a week) this year and plan to bind my letter drawings into a book of some type at the end. In the mean time I'm trolling for how-to's and ideas - looking forward to your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a long time journaler, I have to say this is the coolest thing evah. So do we get to write in these journals - IE you insert blank pages? guess I have to wait for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, love the beaded spine! 1000 more to go, wow, you will have journals for a lifetime you keep this pace up. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting to see how these work, too. Wondering if you are leaving them as is for the memories or covering them with paint to be journaled and drawn on? Cool either way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see your work again... :-)
    Everything in your journal comes together so well... i love the beads and how you've carried the same circle shapes with the bubbles in the mermaid cover. Great stuff!
    have a great week Jenny!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mermaid is fab! Her hair is so fun!! Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome journal, Jennibellie! What a great way to recycle old cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting with baited breath here :0) Do love the beaded spine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, what a beautiful journal! I love the beads, and I love the mermaid -- the way you did her hair and tail is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...