Wednesday 25 January 2012

Doodle Journal Page & First Mini Book Tutorial

Hi guys, happy Wednesday! Firstly I just want to thank you everyone who left a kind & helpful comment on my last blog post, it's so wonderful that I know many kind people 1000s of miles away that I have never actually met. I love our art community!
Here's another page from the said 'sad' journal from that post, I couldn't be bothered to do much more than spray and doodle! Even so I'm beginning to feel a bit more myself with each page, and each day, that goes by.
I uploaded the first of the mini books from recycled greetings card tutorials last night. My editing program kept crashing when it was trying to pull over 11GB of video on 5 different mini books from various places so I decided to split the video down and make 5 individual ones. It not only makes the editing a lot easier, but also the converting & uploading process a lot quicker and hopefully means I wont bore anyone with 20 minutes of mini book making. A few minutes per mini book seems a lot more reasonable, and allows everyone to watch only the ones you want to see. So here's the first, a simple Japanese Stab Bound Style.
All of these mini's take only minutes to make, and I only spent minutes on them so don't expect too much from these videos: they are all super simple creations, I just thought it would be fun to make a bunch of different books to fit inside the larger art journals. Next videos are going be up over the next few days. Much love & warm wishes, Jennibellie xx

17 comments:

  1. I appreciate each and every one of these videos. You have done a lot of work for us and I thank you!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great videos and it's so nice of you to take this time to do all of this. Hope you're feeling more at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little book is so cute and easy to make. Thank you for doing the video. It's always good to actually see how something is made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for everything you teach us. I can't get enough of your videos...all of them are so wonderful and inspiring.
    Because of you I've started my first art journal this year...it's so much fun. Looking forward to more videos.

    Thank you,
    Izabela

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you're feeling better! I too, enjoy your videos! Thanks for all the hard work you put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your site. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page in your journal is great and I absolutely love the video's . I'll be making recycled card journals this week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the video Jennibellie I enjoyed the information and my 7 month old watching it with me enjoyed the music. You kept us both entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I showed some of your pics from the blog to my art journal class today and they were oohing and going gaga over your greeting card journals. Lovely doodles and stencils today. xox corrine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super simple...but super wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to upload these minis separately. And I LOVE the artful look of your journal page - great colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the video Jennie. Haven't done japanese stab binding for a long time and I had forgotten the sequence of stitches so thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you feeling better?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for yet another fantastic tutorial, Jenni! You are amazingly creative! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just found you and I have just joined your site! I love your work and I am so wanting to make one of your greeting card journals! Thanks for sharing your creativity!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute. love the journals...
    now on to make one of my own...
    make a mini album

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...