Tuesday 11 March 2014

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Sanja Radovanovic


Hello, 
the pic above is just a share from a recent trip, just coz. Grrrrrr. 
But it's tuesday, which means it's Tell All Tuesday not a share of recent places I've been phone pics lol so here we go, this week's featured artist is Sanja enjoy


Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are.
My name is Sanja Radovanovic and I am a student. I have been doing all kinds of crafts since I can remember, from making jewelry and figurines out of different materials to paper crafts. When I was starting out I used to use anything that was on hand, so that is how begun to recycle things into something else. I try to use as many things as possible that would otherwise become trash and I became the collector of "junk" in my family. For example I have a box full of bottle caps. I just hate seeing people throw away things with so much potential to become a part of something beautiful. I mostly learned everything I know on my own by experimenting and I discovered the online crafting world just last year so I was overwhelmed with all the information. I had no idea there was so much out there.


What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?
My biggest challenge at the moment is lack of time. Ever since I started grammar school I hadn’t had as much free time. I did some art on occasion during the school year, but being unorganized as I was it had an effect on my grades, so I mostly used my vacation time to craft like crazy. Now I am in the last year of grammar school and I’ve god important exams entire semester as well as preparations for university so that shortens my free time even more. Luckily I am more organized than before so I’ve created a system recently to overcome this problem. I marked out an hour every Saturday just for art, so instead of wasting time watching TV when there’s nothing on, I do what I love.


What is your heart’s greatest desire for your life as an artist?
I would like to learn all different crafts, but what I always dreamed of is to open my own workshop with all kinds of homemade goodies one day.


What advice would you offer to any perspective new artist?
Don’t be afraid of art. I find that sometimes new techniques or what not might keep us from trying something new simply because we’re afraid that it won’t turn out ‘right’. There is no right way, there’s your way. Sure, if you don’t draw or saw well you can always improve your skills, but it is your art, you project yourself into it, so don’t be afraid of making it your own. There is a saying I find very inspirational: ‘It’s not who you are that’s stopping you, it’s who you think you are not'


Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art?
Well, I’m new to the online crafting community. I have a youtube channel, but no videos uploaded yet, I am working on it though. And a Pinterest

Thank you for sharing Sanja, it's inspiring to hear from someone on the younger scale of our community being so free and yet mindful in their approach to art. I love the santas and the saying you shared, please let us know if you ever do open your workshop =)
ps the Collective of Collectors of Junk welcome you into the loving fold lol

Do you want to join the TAT-ed??
Email me or click the link to find all the details here =)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you girls for a lovely interview.
    Sanja wish you all the best and for your dreams will come true.
    The qoute you`re mentioned is very true.
    Jenni thanks for all what you`re doing for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...