Saturday 26 November 2011

AEDM & NaNoWriMo Day 26

Today for AEDM is the first project for the paper beads:
It's a mini scrapbook I altered/decorated years ago with the intention making it into an art journal, I thought the beads gave it a bit of colour. I thought it was about time I started using it as a journal so grabbed some cheap old 6x6 paper and got painting this:
My Grandmother loves angels so I'm going to collage her one for Christmas, this is really a just practice at how I want the wings. I did originally want to sew her a soft angel art doll but with everything I'm doing I doubt I'll have time to spend a couple of days at the sewing machine (I'm not the best machinist so it takes me twice as long to get something done).
Day 25's final word count for NaNoWriMo was: 1,083, only managed a thousand :( and these were an absolute struggle, though I've no idea why - I know exactly where the story is going, what I want to write next but just couldn't get it to come easy. Hoping today it will :) Totalling: 35418.

Oh and Lovely Gwen asked yesterday if I would be posting my novel here, erm no, I wouldn't dream of putting you through that - although I have put an excerpt of it up on my NaNoWriMo novel page. Click here if you want to read it. Although don't come crying to me if you do, 'cause I didn't make you lol

13 comments:

  1. Your paper beads looks perfect on that journal! Like you made them specifically for it.
    I have angels in every room, so I love your angel drawing, of course. I'm sure your grandmother will love your collaged angel.
    I will have to go back and read you excerpt for nanowrimo.
    Have a wonderful weekend, lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angel and that scrapbook is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beads really bring a nice highlight to the journal. Love the angel, and it's a good message to remember.

    Interesting excerpt from the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beads looks beautiful, and they go perfectly with the journal!

    I like the way you did the wings on the angel. They're almost heart-shaped, which makes them extra cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The angel is so beautiful - congrats on all the words for NaNoWriMo- that's a lot of words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did 'click here'. What a surprise, quite an impactful story going on there! Interesting!

    The beads do a great job; I love added little danglies to a book. Your angel is gorgeous and what you say about them is quite true!
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous again hun.

    I know how you feel with NaNoWriMo as well. I know exactly when I want to go, but I just cannot make the words come out. It's so frustrating.

    Was wondering if you will be making any more prompted writing journals any time soon? Am thinking of treating myself if i win NaNo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beads add a lovely touch to your journal. Your Grandmother will love her angel! Journals are great for trial runs.

    I'll try to get back later to read the excerpt. Good luck with finishing on time.

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thank you for your comment and for 'following' my blog, I'm glad to discover your blog and lovely artwork! Your angel piece is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The beads are perfect--the colors look great with that journal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennibellie
    Your art beads look wonderful on your journal! I'm sure your grandmother will love the angel when it's done, and I did read the excerpt from your novel and it sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jennibellie, your journal is gorgeous, love those beads... can't wait to see more pages... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that sweet angel! Her wings are so full and pretty. I think your Grandmother will adore the angels you make for her - so special when it is made with love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...