Tuesday 18 November 2014

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Lisa & Yolanda

Hi Guys
Welcome to todays TAT post, but before we get into it it's CONFESSION TIME! I have had these ladies (yep today you get two lovely artists!) TAT interview for a shamefully long time, due to placing it in a wrong email folder (see technology isn't all that, filing issues still happen when we go paper-free!), so I want to publicly apologise to these ladies who I first met on online what feels like aggggeeees ago now & who are lovely not to mention talented. Sorry, sorry, sorry, with puppy dog eyes & trembling lip on top!
Please enjoy their interview =)

Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are.
Our names are Lisa and Yolanda, and we are lionpaw55 on YouTube. We are a married lesbian couple who love to create art using different multidisciplinary approaches. It is a common sight to see us crafting together in our scrap room as we enjoy challenging ourselves with the different colors, papers, techniques, and themes. That being said, "who are we as artists?" Lisa is a multimedia artist. She is also a bookbinder and paper crafter. Her art style is Impressionism, and she loves to draw buildings and villages.  As for me, Yolanda, I am multimedia artist too. I enjoy creating multimedia on canvas, encaustic wax painting, 3D animation skits/plays, and some bookbinding. My style is influenced by a mish mosh of various art movements.

Mixed Media Canvas by Yolanda

What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?

The biggest challenge Lisa faces is not to put everything on a project. When she begins a piece, she doesn't even want to stop crafting until she is finished. It is also hard for her to stop thinking about future ideas while she is working on a current one. I really don't know if I have one as I look at everything I do as a learning experience. When I begin a project it is difficult for me to choose which idea I should try to do. I decide upon my direction, generally, when it feels right to me. 

Bookbinding by Lisa

Do you ever lose your mojo, and if so, how do you get it back?
No, Lisa doesn't lose it at all. She feels that she doesn't have enough time to create and craft because she already has the next project or two planned out. Do I ever lose my mojo? No, I don't. At best, I am usually very distracted by a new art technique or mediums that I want to incorporate into my artwork.

3D Art by Yolanda

What other issues to you overcome to accomplish your art?
Other issues Lisa overcomes to accomplish her art is broadening her spectrum of colors that she enjoys using in her projects.

What is the best thing that art has brought into my life?
Lisa discovering and sharing her enjoyment of creating mixed media with me.

Mixed Media Tags by Lisa

Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art?
You can find my art on our YouTube Channel: lionpaw55
We would like to thank Jennibellie for giving us her support, and a chance to introduce ourselves and artwork. Until then, we hope that some of you will stop by and say "hello" on our YouTube channel: lionpaw55.

Thank you so much ladies, and again I'm so sorry for misplacing your interview I feel so awful, but thankful I didn't actually delete it lol thank you for sharing and you know what? I think you guys are one of the first ever to say you don't lose your mojo, and for both of you to say it it made me think that you guys probably have a huuuuuge advantage by having your partner interested in the same hobbies as you...or at least even if you are working in completely different mediums at times, it's still similar enough so that both of you are interested in what the other is creating. Completely awesomesauce thanks guys =)


Do you want to be TATed?
Email me or click the link to find all the details here =)


P.S We're now into day 3 of my 7 Day Art Journaling Challenge
(http://journalworkshops.ning.com/group/monthly-challenge/forum/topics/november-2014-bonus)
 which I haven't mentioned on here except to announce it so here's the video of where were currently at - come join us anytime =)

2 comments:

  1. Great read and talented couple - would love to spend at least a day at their house (maybe a week).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an inspiring TAT - off to watch lionpaw55 on YouTube!.... well... after today's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...