Saturday 18 May 2013

Patchwork Pal

A few days ago I somehow came across some tribal artwork while mindless surfing the internet (...erhm I mean 'working'). I wish I'd read some of the actual articles to embellish this blogpost with a bit more info besides 'tribal' but I was just so taken away with the colours, and the patterns; I just lapped up the eye-candy during my allocated 5 mins of brain-wandering...besides I had no idea something would come out of it to do a blogpost on
But then this guy came to visit, first as a sketch done from a doggie rescue magazine I receive through one of the charities I support, then embellished with all the bright colours and patterns (though the actually look nothing like the beautifully intricate ones that inspired me so) that so turned my pup into a patchwork pal. I have since seen pics online of other patchwork-looking creations and realised he's not such an original concept =( but that still doesn't change the fact that I loooooooooooove him ~ <3 ~ and how such things as pretty patterns on the internet and photos in magazines can merge then imprint themselves on your psyche to form a something of their own.

I also love how fat my journals getting...
only a couple of pages left =( I'll hate leaving this journal but yes then it will be JOURNAL-FLIPPING-TIME < there's always a bright side =D

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend
much love

11 comments:

  1. Getting inspiration from everywhere is fun...just like your patchwork puppy.

    I'd love to page through that fat journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too sweet! I hope your going to do a video of the pages in your journal(hint hint) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to the Jenniebellie world and I am really enjoying it. Love your patchwork pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Missy, your adorable patchwork puppy would make a good image for said charitable organization on a t-shirt or poster for an event. Just an idea. (Hope Sweepie doesn't get jealous!)

    Kathy Buttermore

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks just like so much fun. Love the colourful puppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your patchwork pal, and the story of how he came to be. =)
    I look forward to your journal flip. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blob. I dont;t know to much about facebook Understand FB is doing something different? I can not get on. I will just watch you here. Please , Please keep up the good work here on your blob. Love the art work, Hand Made Journals the most.. The puppy is adorable..
    Betty in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww Jenny, that puppy is completely fabulous and agree with the idea that the rescue mission might enjoy seeing him and perhaps using his image for a newsletter. ,-) I love how the patchwork of creativity in your mind feeds in and out from so many resources ... that in itself is a work of art and something awe inspiring! I'm recouping and refreshing a body that was stressed over the weekend's activities and finally able to catch up on things I missed -- SO glad this wasn't missed! Happy Sunday wishes to you and Sweepie, honey!! (((hugs))) for you and share with the furry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your patchwork pup! Your journal flips are so inspiring...I used to journal a lot but haven't done so in about a year and a half & I just realize how much I miss doing so again. Looking forward to more of your art Jenny! ~Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. The patchwork pup is pieces of you and you recognize yourself wherever you go on the 'net. Love him because he isn't a duplicate, he's fully you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new "puppy," Jenny! What's more, I love how you got there. Inspiration sometimes surprises us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...