Saturday 15 July 2017

Butterfly Addiction (& Video ~ Real Time Art Journaling)

Hi Love

I've had a realisation this week as to why I may have a slight butterfly addiction (those of you that have take my free class Inspiration Station would have seen this, I explain it as I realise there are butterflies ALL OVER those journals lol). My sudden realisation comes from a social media post I wrote a couple of days ago. It's kind of a personal one, so I am sharing it here for prosperity followed by an early peek at a youtube video I'll be posting tomorrow where I create a page with...you guessed it, butterflies. Enjoy

My Great Grandmothers Butterfly fits in nicely in my outdoor studio I think...


When I was a child I remember these enameled butterflies being all over her little flat (apartment to those over you over the pond). On every mirror, windows, picture frame and fridge (…may be this is where my obsession with butterflies comes from?). I don’t know if that was truly how it was or if it just how I remember it, but I always associate these soft little pretty colourful girlie things with an austere, proper, Edwardian woman who I loved but no one in their right mind would have ever called a ‘softie’. 

She wore bland clothes, kept a bland house, and was straight down the line. She saw everything as black and white, ‘this is right and this is wrong’. No argument or compromise. She invented the phrase ‘stiff upper lip’. I never remember seeing her smile except in photographs I have seen as an adult, long after she has left the earth. Pure toughness of the First World War generation through and through. Yet I obviously never saw or noticed any of that as a child, she was my great grandma, and I just saw butterflies 

 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋



Hope you're having an awesomely creative weekend
Much love
Jennibellie


PS If you're not having an awesomely creative weekend hop on over to Journal Workshops
There's the New Maker's Meet-Up, a New Art Swap and New Mini Art Classes to Join (plus bonuses added to some other ones!), go check it all out now on my art community, 








2 comments:

  1. I can relate to your butterfly story so much. My Grandmother made ceramics. Dogs, people, vases, you name it. When I would go over to her home I would study them on the shelves in almost every room of her home. When she passed I inherited most of her work. Over the years I have slowly let go of a few (I had to, there were too many!). But whenever I'm out at a second-hand store or yard sale and I see a ceramic I'm instantly drawn to it.
    Thank you for sharing your story.
    Embrace the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can just picture your stoic great grandmother but she had an imaginative free spirit place inside...manifested by butterflies! It makes sense that you were the one to notice...:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...