Friday 19 September 2014

Weekly Ramble ~ MIA from Art

So I'm been rather absent this week from the online art world, from art...and heck it's just been one of those MIA weeks in life in general, if you know what I mean. The only art I've spent anytime doing is a revisitation to my Wall Project I did a Ramble on a few Rambles ago.

I've been painting bits here and there for a while,
like a batch of seagulls here:

a mermaid there:

This is how I just left my desk to come write this blogpost:
a fishtail and a sweepiebum (...my feet now feel cold un-sweepiefied!)

I've been painting when I can so that when I can find a full day to take out to finish the Wall Project (may be 7 walls down, 5 to go or something similar) I'll be ready but I'm having difficulty 'finding' a day. I remember one of my first ever blogposts was about how 'finding' time for creativity is often impossible (just like exercise, or anything else healthy but can be deemed unimportant-right-now in comparison to other things)...so you have to make it, so that's what I'm doing. I'm just going to paint like crazy the rest of tonight so I can go this weekend and do as much as I can, and that's why I've been MIA from other things. I've learned in the past few weeks that sometimes you just have to focus on the one thing and concentrate on that till it's done, which is difficult for me as it's not the natural way for my creativity. I like to create a lot of different projects at once, but that's just not working here so I'm central focusing now till the jobs done. I'm hoping that'll mean I'll have something new to report here next week, but to make that happen I'm gonna get back to it...and my furry feet warmer. 
I may post FB pics of the walls as they go up if you wanna see
Hope you have a happy arty weekend
and fyi if you're missing my arty absense from all things online related please don't forget about Journal Workshops - a place where creativity continues abundantly xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I so look forward to your Friday rambles! Good luck finishing the walls...i love how they're looking! Thanks for the reminder about doing one thing at a time and MAKING TIME FOR ART. I've been woefully lacking in the making art department this week because of a crazy work schedule. Thank you for the reminder to take time to MAKE time to MAKE ART!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...